Raw material processing and power generation
Belorusneft processes all of the produced associated petroleum gas at its own plant – Belarusian Gas Processing Plant (BGPP), which is the only one in Belarus.
BGPP is a developing enterprise producing energy products from hydrocarbon feedstock.
Its design capacity is 235 million cubic meters of gas per year. All gas produced in the fields of the country (about 215 million cubic meters per year) is sent here for processing along with imported raw materials – natural gas liquids. Upon completion of reconstruction of the plant in 2015, volume of imported raw materials processing increased up to 380 thousand tons/year.
- liquefied petroleum gas (motor propane and butane), mixture of technical propane and butane – used as motor fuel for motor transport, industry, as well as fuel for utility needs;
- stable gasoline – used as raw material in petrochemical industry, blending of motor fuels and as organic solvent;
- technical propane – used as raw material for dehydration and preparation of motor fuel;
- normal butane fraction – used in production of artificial rubber and (synthetic resin (plastic);
- auto propane – used as motor fuel;
- isobutene fraction – used as raw material in petroleum chemistry (production of artificial rubber, alkylates, octane boosters;
- normal pentane fraction – used as raw material in production of isoprene rubber and octane boosters;
- isopentane fraction – used in production of isoprene rubber and high-octane agents (in production of motor gasoline);
- stripped gas – is used to produce electricity at BGPP’s power generating facilities, and is also sold as fuel by separate divisions of Belorusneft and Svetlogorsk heating power plant;
- electric energy (generated into electric network of the plant and state power network).
Products produces at BGPP (individual hydrocarbon fractions) are registered in accordance with European regulations REACH.
BGPP has implemented a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001-2009 and an environmental management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001-2017.
Due to favorable location of the plant and extensive network of railways and highways nearby, products can be easily delivered to any location in Belarus.
Due to favorable location of the plant and extensive road network nearby, products can easily be delivered to any location in Belarus as well as in other countries.
Belorusneft is promoting its own power generation. Power generation facilities operate using state of the art technologies:
- cogeneration (combined production of electricity and heat);
- trigeneration (combined production of electricity, heat and cold).
The enterprise has five small-scale power generation facilities:
- Thermal electric power station of BGPP (gas-piston engines) with electric capacity of 24MW and thermal capacity of 20.51 Gcal/h;
- BGPP co-generation process unit (gas turbines) with 10.8 MW electric capacity and 13.4 Gcal thermal capacity;
- Ostashkovichy co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 5.9 MW electric capacity and thermal capacity of 4.8 Gcal/h;
- Davydovka co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 1.26 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 1.32 Gcal/h;
- Solnechnyi Bereg co-generation process unit (microturbine unit) with 0.3 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 0.4 Gcal/h. Associated petroleum gas is used for electric energy generation;
- Belorusneft-Osobino co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 3.1 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 2.69 Gcal/h. Natural gas is used for electric energy generation.
Another unit in the power generating system of our company is Belorusneft-Osobino co-generation process unit (uses 2 gas-piston engines) with 3.1 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 2.69 Gcal/h. Natural gas is used for electric power generation.
Belorusneft promotes sustainable energy and builds its own green energy facilities. By the beginning of 2020 we built:
- photovoltaic stations at BGPP, major production facilities and drilling department with total power generating capacity of 3.75 MW;
- photovoltaic stations at fuel stations (12 units) and photovoltaic station at administrative and household facilities with total capacity of 0.16 MW.
- solar collectors and heat pumps for water heating (over 50 units);
heat pumps for heating and hot water supply (25 units).
Belorusneft covers more than 89.5 % of its needs in electric power, which allows decreasing oil production cost of 1 ton of oil.