Raw material processing and power generation
Belorusneft performs gas processing at its own plant (BGPP), which is one-of-a-kind in Belarus.
Its design capacity is 235 million cubic meters of gas per year. All gas produced in the fields of the country (about 215 million cubic meters per year) is sent here for processing along with imported raw materials – natural gas liquids. Upon completion of reconstruction of the plant in 2015, volume of imported raw materials processing increased up to 380 thousand tons/year.
- liquefied petroleum gas (motor propane and butane), mixture of technical propane and butane – used as motor fuel for motor transport, industry, as well as fuel for utility needs;
- stable gasoline – used as raw material in petrochemical industry, blending of motor fuels and as organic solvent;
- technical propane – used as raw material for dehydration and preparation of motor fuel;
- normal butane fraction – used in production of artificial rubber and (synthetic resin (plastic);
- isobutene fraction – used as raw material in petroleum chemistry (production of artificial rubber, alkylates, octane boosters;
- normal pentane fraction – used as raw material in production of isoprene rubber and octane boosters;
- isopentane fraction – used in production of isoprene rubber and high-octane agents (in production of motor gasoline);
- stripped gas – used as fuel in gas supply system;
- electric energy (generated into electric network of the plant and state power network).
Products produces at BGPP (individual hydrocarbon fractions) are registered in accordance with European regulations REACH.
BGPP has implemented the quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001-2009.
Due to favorable location of the plant and extensive network of railways and highways nearby, products can be easily delivered to any location in Belarus.
In order to deliver products to foreign countries, Belorusneft gas filling terminals are used as transfer points. They are located near the border with Poland and Ukraine border in Brest, Grodno and Vitebsk regions.
Belorusneft is promoting its own power generation. Power generation facilities operate using state of the art technologies:
- cogeneration (combined production of electricity and heat);
- trigeneration (combined production of electricity, heat and cold).
The enterprise has five small-scale power generation facilities:
- Thermal electric power station of BGPP (gas-piston engines) with electric capacity of 24MW and thermal capacity of 20.51 Gcal/h;
- BGPP co-generation process unit (gas turbines) with 10.8 MW electric capacity and 13.4 Gcal thermal capacity;
- Ostashkovichy co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 5.9 MW electric capacity and thermal capacity of 4.8 Gcal/h;
- Davydovka co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 1.26 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 1.32 Gcal/h;
- Solnechnyi Bereg co-generation process unit (microturbine unit) with 0.3 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 0.4 Gcal/h. Associated petroleum gas is used for electric energy generation;
- Belorusneft-Osobino co-generation process unit (gas-piston engines) with 3.1 MW electrical capacity and thermal capacity of 2.69 Gcal/h. Natural gas is used for electric energy generation.
The following facilities have already been built and commissioned while developing alternative and renewable sources of energy:
- BGPP photovoltaic station with total electrical capacity of 3.75 MW;
- photovoltaic stations at fuel stations (12 units) and photovoltaic station at administrative and household facilities with total capcatiy of 0.16 MW.
- solar collectors for water heating (22 units);
- heat pumps for heating and hot water supply (25 units).
Belorusneft covers more than 89.5 % of its needs in electric power, which allows decreasing oil production cost of 1 ton of oil.